Introduction

Welcome to “Nothing New.” The goal of my blog in the past has been to stimulate discussion about all things related to CBC, the Christian life, and the world at large. But it has recently been hijacked by my cancer and treatment. This means I have to eat some crow (which I hate) because early on I boldly claimed I would not allow my condition to take center stage in my life.

But it is taking center stage on my blog – for a while. I am rather torn about this development. I am uncomfortable making this all about me – because it’s not. It is strangely therapeutic for me to blog about this, however, and I cannot express even a fraction of my appreciation for everyone who reads and leaves their funny, weird, and /or encouraging words in comments and emails.

So please join with me in dialogue. I always look forward to reading your comments. (If you'd like to follow my cancer journey from day 1, please go to my post on 6/25/08 - Life Takes Guts - in the archives and follow the posts upwards from there.)

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Tattoo

Here it is.

10 points to each person who recognizes the greatness of this image.

100 points to each person who offers an equally inspirational tattoo possibility.

8 comments:

Craig Smith said...

Burninate.

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a chance to respond to your first tattoo blog because, ahem, I'm a little behind in my reading. I just got done reading all of the comments. I have a strictly non-spiritual opinion. Tattoos, so main stream, so played, SO PLAYED. You know how you would never wear a red leather Michael Jackson jacket now but about 20 years ago it was the bomb? Exmackly my point. You wait and see, 2015 rolls around and there will be a huge spike in that body make up that covers up scars and other unsightly markings. Mark my word, man, mark my word. If you can't imagine how you'll feel in 2015 with a tattoo, just put on some Cole Hans with thick white socks, fold over the hem of your jeans, roll them up a few inches and walk around for a day. You'll see. Also, I have some pictures of Shanda dressed exactly as I just described so, if you want, I can shortcut the whole experience for you by letting you see how nerdy she looks....I mean by today's standards, of course.

-Krista

Anonymous said...

Allow me to go for 110...

The 10...

Every peasants fear in the niiiiight!

And for the 100...

http://www.thetoo.com/images/misc/limozeen2.jpg 

Larry Palaroncini would be proud!

Anonymous said...

No idea about that tat you posted. However i have a cool one posted on my facebook that I have modified and am going to have inked onto my left shoulder. The one I am going to do has more facial detail, but this is still COOL.
andy

david b mclaughlin said...

i got nuthin.

is that an S for Superman?

Is there a Harry Potter reference in there somewhere?

Aaron New said...

Craig gets 11 points - 10 points for identifying the picture and 1 point for being cryptic about it.

Krista gets 1000 points because she is funny.

Stephen gets 10 points for the picture plus 100 points for invoking the name of Larry Palaroncini.

Aaron New said...

David gets -5 points for being out of touch with today's youth.

somekindarobot said...

I think it has something to do with witches brew? The best alternative would be a good bottle of colognac to think this through before settling on something less inflammatory.