Introduction

Welcome to “Nothing New.” The goal of my blog in the past has been to stimulate discussion about all things related to CBC, the Christian life, and the world at large. But it has recently been hijacked by my cancer and treatment. This means I have to eat some crow (which I hate) because early on I boldly claimed I would not allow my condition to take center stage in my life.

But it is taking center stage on my blog – for a while. I am rather torn about this development. I am uncomfortable making this all about me – because it’s not. It is strangely therapeutic for me to blog about this, however, and I cannot express even a fraction of my appreciation for everyone who reads and leaves their funny, weird, and /or encouraging words in comments and emails.

So please join with me in dialogue. I always look forward to reading your comments. (If you'd like to follow my cancer journey from day 1, please go to my post on 6/25/08 - Life Takes Guts - in the archives and follow the posts upwards from there.)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Radiology Report

Round 3 is over and I’ve been home for a few days. Until today, I’ve felt pretty crummy. But my energy and appetite are returning and I feel much better. I had a CT scan done yesterday and although I have not consulted with the doctor yet, I did sweet talk my way to a hard copy of the results from the radiologist. Here’s an abbreviated version, just for my readers….




RADIOLOGY REPORT

PROCEDURE:
CT Abdomen and Pelvis

DATE: 08/26/08

COMPARISON: 07/03/08

HISTORY: Burkitt lymphoma

TECHNIQUE: Routine with oral and IV contrast.

FINDINGS:
Marked cecal thickening has nearly completely resolved. Appendiceal thickening and distention has significantly decreased though some persistent mucosal thickening of the appendix is seen. Adjacent lymph nodes are also smaller. Organs of the pelvis are otherwise normal in appearance.

IMPRESSION:
Near resolution of cecal thickening. Significant decrease in appendiceal thickening.


I’m sure my doctor will interpret all of this for me when I visit with him in the next couple of days. But here’s my own interpretation: WOO HOO – THE STINKIN’ TUMOR IS ALMOST ALL GONE!! The cecum is where the majority of my tumor was located (where small and large intestines meet). And that “thickening” is nearly completely gone. There is still some of the mass near my appendix. But this is well within what is expected at this point in treatment.

This is great news, especially considering I’m not yet half way done with chemo. It’s early in the game and I’m kicking some Burkitt butt.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!!!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron, this is awesome news!! Congrats and we'll keep praying. Love ya!

Jenni said...

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!! Just the news we all wanted to hear!

Now go get a meximelt and celebrate. I'm sure you already have.

The Critic said...

Aaron - that's gret news! We are praying for you and will continue to - thanks for the great update -

Anonymous said...

atta boy buddy! Great news.

-sk

Anonymous said...

Dr. New that is GREAT news!!!

Holly said...

Praise the Lord! I'll continue to pray!

andy titus said...

WOW! I am very happy to hear this report! God is all over this! Time for a chorus of God is Good? I'll see if Denny P can work that out for ya! Talking the staff into giving you a copy of the report before your DR has spoken with you, now that is IMPRESSIVE! Talk about a "silver tongue." Congratulations on both!

Craig Smith said...

What a great report Aaron. I can ONLY assume that my music had something to do with it...

Anonymous said...

So awesome! We are excited for you and Shanda!

Anonymous said...

I heard from your mom first thing this morning. What a great way to start the day!!!!! I don't mind starting of my work day with a few tears when they come from joy! I am so happy for you, your family and your beautiful mom! The wonder of prayer....

Heather said...

Aaron- we are SO EXCITED to hear this!!! God is so good! Enjoy the next few days celebrating this with your family!

absonjourney said...

praise God! praying for you my brother.

Unknown said...

yay!!! that is awesome news. God is amazing and has already worked so much in and through this situation. your words and thoughts are always so encouraging!! thank you for being an amazing example to all of us! and thank the Lord for your testimony and progress!!

Anonymous said...

I heard the great news from your mom this morning. I'm so happy that the treatments are working for you. Pray on that it is totally gone at the next CT scan. God IS Good!

Peas on Earth said...

Praise God!!!! You just tell that Appendix of yours, he can be eliminated if he intends to be persistent ... ;-)

Rejoicing with you ...

Anonymous said...

I love that--KICKIN' BURKITT BUTT!
That's the best thing I've read all week--it made me laugh. This little thing is nothing for our AWESOME God! We are praising the Lord with you.

Paul

Chiefamongsinners said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chiefamongsinners said...

What a blessing to be receiving such positive news. We serve a big God and He continues to prove Himself faithful. Thanks for the update.

Korey "Bu" Buchanek

Anonymous said...

Great news man. Still praying for you guys.