Introduction

Welcome to “Nothing New.” The goal of my blog in the past has been to stimulate discussion about all things related to CBC, the Christian life, and the world at large. But it has recently been hijacked by my cancer and treatment. This means I have to eat some crow (which I hate) because early on I boldly claimed I would not allow my condition to take center stage in my life.

But it is taking center stage on my blog – for a while. I am rather torn about this development. I am uncomfortable making this all about me – because it’s not. It is strangely therapeutic for me to blog about this, however, and I cannot express even a fraction of my appreciation for everyone who reads and leaves their funny, weird, and /or encouraging words in comments and emails.

So please join with me in dialogue. I always look forward to reading your comments. (If you'd like to follow my cancer journey from day 1, please go to my post on 6/25/08 - Life Takes Guts - in the archives and follow the posts upwards from there.)

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Today's Headline

MY CHEMO IS OVER!
MY CHEMO IS OVER!
MY CHEMO IS OVER!

I'm still in the hospital tonight getting a blood transfusion. And I'll likely end up spending some more time in the hospital before and/or during Christmas - getting more blood or platelets or antibiotics or some such.

But today I'm celebrating......

MY CHEMO IS OVER!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Joy Joy! dh

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing the long haul. Hope the after chemo stuff is minimal and I'll be praying for you to be home for Christmas.

Heather said...

WOO HOO!!!! We are also praying you will get to be home for Christmas with Shanda and your boys. We are so happy that you have crossed that finish line, Aaron. We knew it would happen, but are ecstatic that it is now here. Enjoy the victory!

Anonymous said...

Dad and I are celebrating also!!!!!!!!!!

Love you!!!!!!!!!
Mom

david b mclaughlin said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenni said...

YESSSSS!!!!!! I know that you have had days that you thought this would never end. It's OVER and we could not be happier!!

You have inspired many through this journey.

Once you start feeling like yourself again you can go back to posting things that most of us don't understand.

Coming soon: Celebration at Larry's

Jen

Team I Love Nachos said...

Awesome man...

Bret

Anonymous said...

Aaron,
This is awesome and it was a journey that you forged with Grace and Strength. You are an inspiration to so many for it was a very tough journey. Praise God that you have finished!!!! Isaiah 41:10 I believe God carried you through this journey, for that is what He promised. He is Faithful!

Kim Ward

Anonymous said...

So happy for you Aaron, Have a great Christmas.
Love Bert

anonymousGuy said...

Happy day! We have and will continue to pray for you and your family.

Jenn said...

I hear the Halleluiah chorus playing! Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You have handled this with such strength and grace, and your famous sense of humor. Your faith has shined through. We think you and Shanda are amazing, wonderful people! We will continue to lift you up. Loved the Christmas pics. Pam Rowe

Anonymous said...

Like Jennifer, I hear the Hallelujah chorus playing! Talk about a major milestone--way to hang in there. You can now see the light at the end of the tunnel!
Praise the Lord.

Paul