Introduction

Welcome to “Nothing New.” The goal of my blog in the past has been to stimulate discussion about all things related to CBC, the Christian life, and the world at large. But it has recently been hijacked by my cancer and treatment. This means I have to eat some crow (which I hate) because early on I boldly claimed I would not allow my condition to take center stage in my life.

But it is taking center stage on my blog – for a while. I am rather torn about this development. I am uncomfortable making this all about me – because it’s not. It is strangely therapeutic for me to blog about this, however, and I cannot express even a fraction of my appreciation for everyone who reads and leaves their funny, weird, and /or encouraging words in comments and emails.

So please join with me in dialogue. I always look forward to reading your comments. (If you'd like to follow my cancer journey from day 1, please go to my post on 6/25/08 - Life Takes Guts - in the archives and follow the posts upwards from there.)

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Home Stretch, Again

My lab results were good this morning! So I'm off to the hospital this evening to start my last round of chemotherapy - for real this time, I hope. I told my doctor today that I'm glad to not have to wait a week. As it is, I felt a little like I was running a race and having just turned a corner and laid eyes on the ribbon at the finish line, I was made to stop and wait.

It sounds odd to say I'm looking forward to going to the hospital and getting chemo, but I am. The delay will mean I'll be in the hospital on my birthday, but like my doctor said about being in the hospital on Thanksgiving Day, I'll gladly be in the hospital that day so I can spend the next 50 at home.

4 comments:

Team I Love Nachos said...

Please write about poop and numbers just one more time - it won't be as much fun for you to write when you aren't sick!

I am so pumped that this has come so smoothly!

You are such an inspiration to me.

Anonymous said...

You are so close! What a blessing to be done 2 weeks before Christmas. I'm praying that you'll feel great for Christmas and can truly savor time with the family!

Paul

Anonymous said...

Praying for a non-eventful round of chemo and no return visits!
Thanks for sharing the good news.
Shawn & Amber
P.S. Your poop humor really is second to none. Does that happen when you have boys, or do you just need to be a boy?

Unknown said...

Happy Last Round of Chemo Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!