Introduction

Welcome to “Nothing New.” The goal of my blog in the past has been to stimulate discussion about all things related to CBC, the Christian life, and the world at large. But it has recently been hijacked by my cancer and treatment. This means I have to eat some crow (which I hate) because early on I boldly claimed I would not allow my condition to take center stage in my life.

But it is taking center stage on my blog – for a while. I am rather torn about this development. I am uncomfortable making this all about me – because it’s not. It is strangely therapeutic for me to blog about this, however, and I cannot express even a fraction of my appreciation for everyone who reads and leaves their funny, weird, and /or encouraging words in comments and emails.

So please join with me in dialogue. I always look forward to reading your comments. (If you'd like to follow my cancer journey from day 1, please go to my post on 6/25/08 - Life Takes Guts - in the archives and follow the posts upwards from there.)

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ready, Set, WAIT

Well, I was admitted to the hospital yesterday evening to start round 8. Unfortunately, when they did labwork this morning, my white blood cell count was too low. So my chemo has been delayed at the very last minute. I’m back at home now – hoping that my white blood cells rebound enough so that tomorrow I can go back in. If they don’t, then the doctor will start me on some medication for a week that will boost my white blood cells. I don’t like being delayed for a day – let alone for a week. But I suppose some delays are inevitable and should be expected. Pray that my white blood cells will get their act together by tomorrow morning and pray for me to have patience if they don’t.

One other item…..

What do you get when you add one NC State basketball coach wildly looking for someone to celebrate with after he won the 1983 National Championship and over $80 million for cancer research? You get the JimmyV Foundation.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron,

Praying for those white cells to get busy! Looking forward to good news.
Shawn & Amber

Team I Love Nachos said...

Wow - that ESPY video was great! We are praying for you buddy and can't wait until I can stomp you in SMOD 09

Anonymous said...

Wow... what a coincidence. I am watching the Jimmy V tourney on ESPN and they just showed his speech at half time from the 93 ESPY's. Awesome. I then come over here and notice you posted it. It is a great speech and could motivate anyone. Keep your head up... still only one round left.

-sk