Introduction

Welcome to “Nothing New.” The goal of my blog in the past has been to stimulate discussion about all things related to CBC, the Christian life, and the world at large. But it has recently been hijacked by my cancer and treatment. This means I have to eat some crow (which I hate) because early on I boldly claimed I would not allow my condition to take center stage in my life.

But it is taking center stage on my blog – for a while. I am rather torn about this development. I am uncomfortable making this all about me – because it’s not. It is strangely therapeutic for me to blog about this, however, and I cannot express even a fraction of my appreciation for everyone who reads and leaves their funny, weird, and /or encouraging words in comments and emails.

So please join with me in dialogue. I always look forward to reading your comments. (If you'd like to follow my cancer journey from day 1, please go to my post on 6/25/08 - Life Takes Guts - in the archives and follow the posts upwards from there.)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Speaking of Making an Impact....

I’ll be taking a short break from blogging the rest of this week while I try to make an impact on the speckled trout and redfish populations.

I’ll be checking in nearly every day, but I may not get to post anything new on Nothing New.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sure the fish would prefer you didn't but good luck anyway. Is there a fish fry in the future for your buddies?

Anonymous said...

I can authoritatively say that Aaron will LOSE the little fishing contest this weekend - the fish will remain in the bay where they belong. Look for a lovely bumpersticker to show up on his car for the next couple of weeks - like "punk princess" or "girlz rule" - Thom Rowe, fisher extraordinaire

Anonymous said...

Dr. New, A fish Sport'sman is kind of hard to picture.......but so is seeing him drive around with "Punk Princess" on his car. Hey, I wish him luck, I mean he IS trying to make an "impact"!

Anonymous said...

how's the contest going? And where are you anyway?

Aaron New said...

We have a 1/2 day left of our tourney - and I'm in second place.

I'll give all the details later....

AN

Anonymous said...

I have time to read, like what you say, good luck on the fishing, look forward to more words