Introduction

Welcome to “Nothing New.” The goal of my blog in the past has been to stimulate discussion about all things related to CBC, the Christian life, and the world at large. But it has recently been hijacked by my cancer and treatment. This means I have to eat some crow (which I hate) because early on I boldly claimed I would not allow my condition to take center stage in my life.

But it is taking center stage on my blog – for a while. I am rather torn about this development. I am uncomfortable making this all about me – because it’s not. It is strangely therapeutic for me to blog about this, however, and I cannot express even a fraction of my appreciation for everyone who reads and leaves their funny, weird, and /or encouraging words in comments and emails.

So please join with me in dialogue. I always look forward to reading your comments. (If you'd like to follow my cancer journey from day 1, please go to my post on 6/25/08 - Life Takes Guts - in the archives and follow the posts upwards from there.)

Friday, February 8, 2008

GoodSearch

If you are looking for a way to painlessly donate a little bit of money to Central Baptist College (or other organization/charity), please check out GoodSearch.

GoodSearch is an internet search engine (powered by Yahoo) that donates 1 cent to the college for every search a person makes. It also returns a percentage of the total bill to the college for items individuals purchase online.

If 200 students, faculty, alumni and friends of CBC were to perform 5 internet searches a day, that would translate into $3,650 per year. And that does not include any money from online purchases.

(1) Go to
GoodSearch.com
(2) Enter “Central Baptist College” under Who Do You GoodSearch For?
(3) Hit “Verify” and you are ready to search.

Thanks, Curt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're welcome...and thanks for the posting. I hope people will make GoodSearch.com their home page and use it to support CBC.