Introduction

Welcome to “Nothing New.” The goal of my blog in the past has been to stimulate discussion about all things related to CBC, the Christian life, and the world at large. But it has recently been hijacked by my cancer and treatment. This means I have to eat some crow (which I hate) because early on I boldly claimed I would not allow my condition to take center stage in my life.

But it is taking center stage on my blog – for a while. I am rather torn about this development. I am uncomfortable making this all about me – because it’s not. It is strangely therapeutic for me to blog about this, however, and I cannot express even a fraction of my appreciation for everyone who reads and leaves their funny, weird, and /or encouraging words in comments and emails.

So please join with me in dialogue. I always look forward to reading your comments. (If you'd like to follow my cancer journey from day 1, please go to my post on 6/25/08 - Life Takes Guts - in the archives and follow the posts upwards from there.)

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Yesterday and Today

Uh oh. I failed. I promised to post every day – and I missed yesterday. Here is a list of possible excuses (er, I mean, explanations):

(1) Chemo brain. This is a real condition. Don’t believe me?
Look it up. Would the Mayo Clinic lie? I don’t think so.

(2) I was on Benadryl yesterday during my blogging time. They give Benadryl before blood transfusions and it seriously knocks me out.

(3) I was busy compiling a list of honorable mentions for classic 80’s tunes with the words milk jugs mixed in and lost track of time.

(4) I got distracted watching Arrested Development, The Office, and Heroes.

The great news, though, is that I am getting discharged today. I’m feeling pretty good as of right now, but I am very tired. I haven’t been getting much sleep (outside of my Benadryl coma). So I am looking forward (as usual) to getting into my own bed soon.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting to go home. Praying for you guys.
Amber and Crew

Anonymous said...

BENADRYL. yeah. sounds good, man.

Peas on Earth said...

Glad you're (presumably) home now. Keep us updated. May God bless your entire family with a most precious Thanksgiving celebration this year. I am certain it will have new meaning for you ...
:-)
sharon

Unknown said...

1. Milk Jugs Just Wanna Have Fun
2. Milk Jug is a Centerfold
3. Shot to the Milk Jug (you give dairy a bad name)
4. Like a Milk Jug
5. Jessie's Milk Jug

Any of those make the top 10 list??