Introduction

Welcome to “Nothing New.” The goal of my blog in the past has been to stimulate discussion about all things related to CBC, the Christian life, and the world at large. But it has recently been hijacked by my cancer and treatment. This means I have to eat some crow (which I hate) because early on I boldly claimed I would not allow my condition to take center stage in my life.

But it is taking center stage on my blog – for a while. I am rather torn about this development. I am uncomfortable making this all about me – because it’s not. It is strangely therapeutic for me to blog about this, however, and I cannot express even a fraction of my appreciation for everyone who reads and leaves their funny, weird, and /or encouraging words in comments and emails.

So please join with me in dialogue. I always look forward to reading your comments. (If you'd like to follow my cancer journey from day 1, please go to my post on 6/25/08 - Life Takes Guts - in the archives and follow the posts upwards from there.)

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Can See the Light

I'm sorry it has been so long since my last post. I am now back in the hospital for round 7 and that means I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have just one more round after this one.

I have not been very productive my last couple of hospitalizations. (Unless getting completely caught up on every episode of "The Office," "Heroes," "24," and "NCIS" counts as productivity.) So, for the sake of actually DOING something while I'm here, I've decided that I will post every day while I am in the hospital.

This last month or so of treatment could be rough. My immune system has taken a pounding and it seems like I have more complications and delays the longer this whole thing goes on. But I am in good spirits because the end is finally in sight! Thanks for your continued prayers! Stay tuned for more posts each day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back writing and that like you say the end is in sight. Many of us are praying for you everyday, your Mom keeps us posted.
Levy Reader

Anonymous said...

Aaron

Glad to hear you are nearing the end. Hang in there. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. RM

Team I Love Nachos said...

Here is something you can do for me! In all of your "down time" I need for you to come up with the scoring system for 2009.

I have one simple request... If anyone who has had cancer within the previous 12 months mentions the word "cancer" they will automatically be deducted all of the points earned up until that time.

"That's what she said"

Bret

Peas on Earth said...

Good to hear from you again. Keep pursuing the Light ... :-)

Unknown said...

i LOVE heroes! great choice of show!
so glad you're seeing the end near. i'm sure that is wonderful feeling.