Introduction

Welcome to “Nothing New.” The goal of my blog in the past has been to stimulate discussion about all things related to CBC, the Christian life, and the world at large. But it has recently been hijacked by my cancer and treatment. This means I have to eat some crow (which I hate) because early on I boldly claimed I would not allow my condition to take center stage in my life.

But it is taking center stage on my blog – for a while. I am rather torn about this development. I am uncomfortable making this all about me – because it’s not. It is strangely therapeutic for me to blog about this, however, and I cannot express even a fraction of my appreciation for everyone who reads and leaves their funny, weird, and /or encouraging words in comments and emails.

So please join with me in dialogue. I always look forward to reading your comments. (If you'd like to follow my cancer journey from day 1, please go to my post on 6/25/08 - Life Takes Guts - in the archives and follow the posts upwards from there.)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Announcement / Riddle

5/4/08

14 comments:

Aaron New said...

I don't image this is too tough a riddle. But the first one to comment with the right answer gets a big prize.

Or something.

AN

Anonymous said...

My guess would be that you're either having another boy...or you're getting a dog. :) Congrats!

david b mclaughlin said...

Due date of your 3rd son is my guess.

Are you going to name him Chip or Uncle Charlie?

Aaron New said...

We have a winner (or two)!

Shanda and I found out this morning we will be having our third son!

Whoa.

And wow!

AN

Anonymous said...

When I look at that picture I think three things:

1. Poor Shanda

2. U.S. population before the News started having kids: 51% female; 49% male.

After the News started having kids: 50% female; 50% male.

Your family will be getting a certificate of accomodation from the U.S. Census Bureau

3. "Gooooo Bustangs!" x 3

Seriously, congratualtions my friend. Wonderful news!

Chris

Craig Smith said...

I believe it was I, Craig T. Smith, who cleverly and accurately predicted at Moe's that you would be having a third son.

Congrats Dr. New. I am one of three boys. And look how great I turned out. No worries, mate.

Jenni said...

YEAH! The first New baby born in Arkansas! I was hoping that I would be able to buy a Razorback cheerleading outfit, but I guess a onesie will do. Can't wait!! :-)

Nicki said...

This announcement deserves a 'first ever' blog comment from your little sister. Congratulations Bub! I hope you don't mind if I still buy the little guy something pink and sassy. :) Or maybe leopard print??

Craig Smith said...

I don't know what all the huff is about buying the lil nipper something rather feminine to wear. Aaron dresses rather feminine himself. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Aaron buy matching onesies with the little Myron when he arrives.

And when I met Aaron New at OBU back in 1994, the first thing that came to mind was sassy. And then I was introduced to his extensive leopard print clothing collection.

Poor Shanda. Who needs a daughter when Aaron likes to be pretty.

Aaron New said...

Holy Cow!

With my sister openly calling me "Bub" and with Craig slandering my reputation, I may not be able to show my face in public for a while. My students might be nervous to razz me too much, but heaven knows my friends and colleagues will give me a hard time to no end. Thanks for that.

Anonymous said...

hey Craig.......that is my son you are talking about. He may have worn a "pink Polo' shirt for his 16th birthday picture but "sassy" is going too far. Besides that was in the day "Real men weren't afraid to wear pink.

We are pretty excited back here in Kansas knowing we are going to have another "New" boy!
Judy

Bryan Cox said...

Dr. New, were you really sassy? (Im not too nervous).
Congratualtions Dr New!

Anonymous said...

Sassy, huh?! Interesting!
It doesn't make me nervous...but it might if you brought out the leopard print!
Congrats on the third boy even though there is nothing like a daddy's little girl!!!
I can't wait to deck him out in Razorback attire!!!!

Craig Smith said...

I miss Nick at Night.