Introduction

Welcome to “Nothing New.” The goal of my blog in the past has been to stimulate discussion about all things related to CBC, the Christian life, and the world at large. But it has recently been hijacked by my cancer and treatment. This means I have to eat some crow (which I hate) because early on I boldly claimed I would not allow my condition to take center stage in my life.

But it is taking center stage on my blog – for a while. I am rather torn about this development. I am uncomfortable making this all about me – because it’s not. It is strangely therapeutic for me to blog about this, however, and I cannot express even a fraction of my appreciation for everyone who reads and leaves their funny, weird, and /or encouraging words in comments and emails.

So please join with me in dialogue. I always look forward to reading your comments. (If you'd like to follow my cancer journey from day 1, please go to my post on 6/25/08 - Life Takes Guts - in the archives and follow the posts upwards from there.)

Monday, April 14, 2008

Arrivals and Departures

Shanda and I have been very busy getting ready for our new baby (hence the lack of posts lately). Even Parker and Tanner have been getting excited to welcome their new little brother to the world. Our preparations and anticipation for little Cooper has made me appreciate this passage a little more:

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. –John 14:2-3.

I know God experiences various emotions, but I’ve not thought much about God preparing and waiting in anticipation for me to come home someday. What a wonderful, humbling thought!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pleasant thought, Aaron. I never thought of it quite like that.

Anonymous said...

It is a wonderful thought! He loves us so much!

Anonymous said...

way to go, Dr. New. Great thought on the future of your boys!!!!!!